COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Please note reduced COVID-19 hours until further notice. All services by appointment only.
Questions or Concerns? Our receptionists remain available by phone Monday to Friday from 9am-5pm and Saturday from 9am-3pm..
The past few months have been very difficult, but now that we are starting to see a return to normal conditions, we are welcoming patients back at Tinnitus and Hearing Health Calgary with some changes to how we work so we can offer services to patients like you safely and in compliance with national and provincial guidance. We have implemented the following changes in our procedures in the interest of protecting everyone’s health:
Talk to the experts.
Before Your Visit
- We will postpone visits for any patients who have experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue.
- If you are over the age of 65 and have preexisting health conditions such as diabetes, chronic lung disease, asthma, serious heart conditions, chronic kidney or liver disease, or are immunocompromised, please notify our staff so that we can take extra precautions to ensure your safety.
- Patients will be screened for COVID-19 prior to their appointment.
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. This also means reduced business hours until further notice.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a family member to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to one companion.
- We have virtual meeting tools available. You may be able to arrange for remote participation.
- Curbside repair and pickup service is available for returning patients that require servicing of their hearing instruments.
In-Office Hygiene Protocols
- Every person entering the office will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry.
- We will be screening for fever with a contactless thermometer upon your arrival.
- A clear plastic screen has been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to airborne pathogens.
- Patients undergoing a diagnostic procedure where social distancing cannot be maintained are encouraged to wear a face covering. If you do not have your own, one will be offered to you (while supplies last).
- Staff will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Until further notice, our reception area will no longer offer magazines, beverages, or snacks since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
Thank you for helping to keep us all healthy and safe. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends!